Welcome to AustraliaGuide
Join us on our Social Media:
How Much Does it cost to Travel Australia?
How much money will you need in Australia? $200 USD is the average daily price for traveling as a couple in Australia. This daily budget was based off taking a rental car to Air Bnb’s and hotels for a month. The average price of food for one day is $63 USD. The average price of accommodation for a couple is $64 USD. Additional pricing is in the table below. These travel prices are based off a comfortable budget. This includes private room, air conditioning, at least 2 meals at a restaurant per day, internet, and misc.
How expensive is Australia? Per category.
Flights from USA –> Australia
round trip per couple
West Coast (LAX)
Length of flight
East Coast (JFK)
Day 4 Nelson Bay (45min, 33miles)
- Sandboarding– Go to Sand Dune Safari Adventures for the best sandboarding experience. One of the only companies that will let you stand up when boarding. Only $20 USD that includes a ride out to the dunes in their big 4×4 vehicles.
- Marina Area– Grab some lunch or a cruise out of here.
- Kayak/ Paddle board
Day 5 Port Macquarie (2hours 45min, 155miles)
- Kayak Hasting River/ Port– Grab a double kayak for $30 USD for a couple hours at the Settlement Point Boat Hire. We rented a fishing pole for $10 USD and it comes with all the bait and essentials. You can get a 3 day fishing license for $7 USD online, you just need to look up by what state in Australia you are located.
- Dolphin Cruise– Take a dolphin adventure cruise out of the harbor.
- Coastal Walk– 9km one way walk. Here you will have views of beaches, rainforest, lighthouse, nude beaches, wild life, and sea cliffs.