7 Days of Fun in the Sun-San Pedro, Belize (What to do and where to go to eat, drink, and be merry)
Below you will find a guide for enjoying your self while on Ambergris Caye San Pedro Belize. This daily activity is based on the days of the week that the specific place is having an event or specials. While living on San Pedro for a while we discovered the best way to enjoy a week and experience what San Pedro has to offer.
Recent Travel Post’s:
- Fun Meter
– Sunday Funday at Crazy Canucks 3-7pm. With a live band playing great American classics and a beach bar with a lively crowd you are guaranteed to have a good time. You can dance, play horseshoes, or just have a drink and enjoy the music on the beach as the sun goes down.
– When you get hungry: Grab some pizza down the street at Pepperonis ($$), by the slice or a whole pizza. It is reasonably priced and the best pizza on the island.
Related videos: Sunday funday Video
- Fun Meter
– Secret beach 10 am. Takes about 45 minutes using a golf cart. Stop in at the local deli like Celisti Deli and grab some food before heading out there. They have great sandwiches and local food at a decent price.
– Stop at Captain Morgan’s on your way back into town. They have a great setting to grab a drink and a dip in their pool that is open to bar patrons. They also have one of the best sand beaches in the San Pedro area.
– When you get hungry: Grab tapas at Aji’s ($$$) for some Belizean fine dining. They have delicious food, and you will be treated to a great view by the sea with sand at your toes.
Related Articles: Sometimes you just need to get out of town and find a Secret Beach
- Fun Meter
– Grab breakfast at Island Buzz Café for a great homemade breakfast or brunch. Their biscuits and gravy are to die for! They also have some great Starbucks coffee options at a fair price if you’re into that.
– A chill bar crawl and beach day. Start 2 minutes north of the bridge by golf cart at Coco Loco’s beach bar and enjoy a swim up bar, cornhole, and jenga. It’s located right on the beach and you also have access to the natural salt water pool about 50 feet south of the bar. Once you finished there, head back towards town over the bridge, take the second street to the left, and drive down the beach with your cart. Here you will find some great bars like Sandy Toes Beach Bar, Wayos Beach Bar, Palapa Bar and Grill, and an array of other bars.
– When you get hungry: Go by the Road Kill Bar for their $0.50 USD Taco Tuesday and $2 USD Rum and cokes. Then go across the street to Crazy Canucks.
– Crazy Canucks has their weekly Hermit crab racing that starts at 6:30pm. With 7 races in total it goes until about 9pm so plenty of time to get in on the action. This is a great event that gives half of the proceeds to charity and half to the winner. There is also live acoustic music in between each race. This was definitely our favorite night of the week in San Pedro!
Related Articles: What do you get when you mix Money, Gambling, Charity, and Crabs?
Subscribe to our Free Newsletter
- Fun Meter
– Snorkel Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark and Ray Alley.
– Then settle down at the Truck Stop for a free movie night under the stars. Starts at 7pm. If you get there early you can get in a game of cornhole, life size jenga, or ladder ball.
– When you get hungry: They have some great Asian or South American Cuisine in the adjacent shipping containers you can enjoy while watching your movie.
Related Articles: Best Dive Spots in Ambergris Caye
- Fun Meter
– Hop on a boat in the morning to take the Lamanai Mayan Ruins Jungle River Adventure. On this journey, you will catch a boat to the mainland, then hop on a bus through the forest, arriving at the river’s edge. Then you will take another boat up river to the Lamanai Mayan Ruins. During this adventure, you will experience the jungle, wild life, and see some of the greatest Mayan ruins ever built. This tour is an all day event that is well worth it.
-Get local, the oldest tradition on the island is the weekly Chicken Drop that starts around 7pm at Wahoo’s lounge with a live DJ on the beach and a full bar. Where it gets interesting is in front of the DJ there is a platform with boxed numbers and a wire fence surrounding it with a chicken in the center. Yes, if you guessed it, you will gamble your $2.50 USD on a number in the square and if he poops on it YOU WIN!
– When you get hungry: Walk over to the local grub in Central Park about 200 feet away. Here you will need to try the bacon burrito or the bacon wrapped hot dog $2 USD each. Yes, you may question whether to eat it, but we ate it a few times and so did 8 other friends; no one had any issues.
– Late Night: Stay right in the Central Park area and head over to Señor Marlin’s Sports Bar or Fidos. Late night Marlin’s turns into a beach side night club that pumps the music as you put your feet in the water or hang out at the bar area. Or head down south about ½ mile to catch karaoke night at Ambers Beach Bar and Grill.
- Fun Meter
– Personally, Mexico Rocks is my favorite snorkel spot in Belize. Image yourself in calm and clear blue waters with colorful fish, turtles, nurse sharks and beautiful coral everywhere. The water is about 20 feet at its deepest and 85°F (29°C). With visibility, up to 100 feet (30 M) you will have no problem seeing all the underwater wildlife. I would go with Seduced by Belize.
– When you get hungry: Head over to Waruguma Restaurant ($) on the back street for some yummy local grub at a great price. The pupusas are only $1.50 USD.
-After a morning on the water head back over to Crazy Canucks for a fun night of Trivia. You can have a group of 2-4ppl where everyone throws in $2.5 USD each and the winner takes all. Rob the owner makes it fun and entertaining the entire night. It usually starts about 7-7:15pm and goes for about 2 hours.
– Late night: Head over to Daddy’s night club for dancing and fun. Crowds usually start to arrive around 11pm.
- Fun Meter
– Go to The Dive Bar during the day for a drink and free paddle boarding, sea kayaking, and cornhole. They also have an awesome foam pad to lay out in the water.
– When you get hungry: Head over to the Reef Restaurant ($$) on Middle Street for the best seafood around. I got two lobster tails with two sides for $25 USD.
– Late Night: If you’re looking for the club scene Saturday night is probably the night to go out. The 2 clubs to check out is Daddy’s or Señor Marlin’s Sports Bar right by Central Park. Marlins opens up a bit earlier like 9pm but Daddy’s doesn’t get poppin’ until 11pm-4am.
Other great places to eat, drink and be merry:
– Elvi’s Kitchen ($$$): Serving great authentic Belizean food.
– Blue Water Grill ($$$): Serving great fresh seafood and have sushi nights
– Estelle’s Dine by the Sea ($$): Great affordable food with a great view of the ocean
– Coconut Café ($$): Great fresh breakfast pizza or regular pizza with an ocean view.
-Karma Night Club
-Tackle Box Bar and Grill
-Felix Bar and Grill
Related Articles: Suggest 7 Day Belize Itinerary